This project involved a single storey extension with lantern roof extension, which together with internal alterations formed a large open plan space with 3 distinct areas: Kitchen, dining & living room. Bi-fold doors positioned at right angles, from both the dining area & living room open on to a new decked patio area & give panoramic views to the garden. The Client wanted to have a modern contemporary extension & has certainly achieved this with the style of kitchen & wide plank wooden flooring. The finished project provides a very light welcoming living space, perfectly balanced & well connected to the garden.
- Rear extension with lantern roof
- Cranked beam & steel work
- Client designed kitchen with our recommended manufacturer. Final installation by G&G
- Sourcing and installation of all glazing: Bi-fold doors, lantern roof & windows
- Advice & recommendation on wood floors suppliers: Fitted by G&G
- Tiling & glass splash backs in kitchen
- Plumbing: Kitchen, new radiators etc
- Electrical & plumbing works
- Plastering, painting & decorating
- External works: Decking, steps & ramp
- Completed 2012
We are absolutely delighted with the building work and alterations we recently undertook to improve the bungalow. We have had a single storey extension built at the rear with patio doors and a lantern roof. This really is a ‘WOW’ feature and an immediate talking point when family and friends visit. Internally, the kitchen was moved to a different site and a new kitchen installed. The old kitchen is now the dining room. The foresight and attention to detail Ged gave to this project was first class. I definitely recommend ‘Ged’s Gang”. If, in the future, a further project is proposed, G and G Builders will be the first phone call.
Janet and Anthony Bray, Grotton,Oldham